Spring Term 1
Secrets of Nature
- As Readers, we will be using the book Chalk by Bill Thomson.
- As Writers, we will be using rich language to write finding tales. We will also be writing a letter recounting our trip to Sutcliffe Park.
- As Mathematicians, we will be exploring calculation strategies to strengthen our understanding of multiplication and division. We will be adding and subtracting amounts of money to give change. We will also be learning how to interpret and present data using bar charts, pictograms, and tables.
- As Scientists, we will continue exploring light. We will learn about how light is reflected and how shadows are formed.
- As Historians, we will continue to investigate the changes in Britain from the Stone Age through to the Iron Age. We will be investigating the major changes which took place during these periods of change focussing on the Iron Age.
- As Geographers, we will be exploring African Biomes. We will focus on the Sahara Desert and the Congolese rainforest.
- As Artists and Designers, we will be making shadow puppets and creating collages.
- As Theologians, we will be learning about Christianity by exploring the Bible.
- As Computer Scientists, we will learn to record and present videos. We will also be creating digit storybooks on StoryJumper..