The starting point of the curriculum at Cherry Orchard is to build upon and extend the knowledge, skills experience and culture that children bring with them to school.
We regard parents as partners in their children's education.
We aim to create a secure, caring atmosphere within the school. In order to learn children need a positive self-image and early experience of success. We aim to give all children an equal chance to access the curriculum and benefit from it.
The Cherry Orchard Curriculum enables all children to become:
- enthusiastic and successful learners who make effective progress and achieve their full potential
- confident individuals who know how to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- responsible citizens who are able to make a positive contribution to society
- individuals who understand the value of learning and who continue that process throughout their lives
The Cherry Orchard Curriculum is developed around our key school values which:
- promote personal development
- support equality of opportunity
- develop spiritual, moral, social, intellectual and physical growth
- celebrate the contributions of a diverse range of people, cultures and heritages
- develop an understanding of our relationship with the environment
The curriculum at Cherry Orchard will:
- promote high standards, particularly in English, Maths and Computing
- provide a broad and varied learning experience in every Key Stage
- promote a positive engagement with, and commitment to, learning
- enable children to develop effective skills of co-operation and collaboration
- develop an understanding of the relevance of learning to each individual’s life and prepare them for life as a member of the wider community
- prepare children for the next stage in their education
- create a sense of wellbeing centred around a sense of fulfilment and achievement
- develop a wide range of skills and broaden children’s life experiences
Whole School Projects
Whole school projects at Cherry Orchard provide a further inspirational context for learning and opportunities to show progression in learning across the school.
These are planned yearly and for 2023-2024